Saturday, January 10, 2015

OK—break's over… kind of

I know it's been a while. And my output was off for 2014 compared to previous years.

The reduced output relates directly to berthing AP Physics 1 and AP Physics 2 at Rio while also retooling Physics from the California Content Standards version that I had polished for the past decade to the Next Generation Science Standards version that is expected to blossom in the next year or so.

So yeah, making this all happen at school to the best of my abilities keeps off the streets (and blogs) at night.

I have no idea when this will be completely sorted. It would be an error to presume that once the year is done, I'll have The Perfect Physics, AP 1, and AP 2 curricula all worked out and ready to repeat until retirement. But I also don't expect things to be as bad for me next year as they are this year.

I do have some groovy posts in the works. They'll be up soon! Neil deGrass Tyson's Cosmos and the Tavurvur volcano are topics.

But I must wave the "My Dear Machine" flag once again. I still love the song, and Leigh Nash's voice is dreamy.

Sixpence None The Richer - My Dear Machine

No comments: